Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today!

So I pull out the new outfit just my husband recently got me. My mother looks at me, and says, in what has become characteristic of her, “Why are you wearing the new dress today?”


Her point being, why spoil all new clothes, keep them for a special occasion.( I am staying at my mom’s place the whole of May, and I go back to my husband’s house in June.)

I tell here, nonchalantly, “Because, it’s my birthday today.”

When your parents forget your birthday, you realize, you have become really old! Sigh!

And then my parents rushed to wish me, gave a gift (what else but cash).

I am 30 years old today. I was excited about it, but then today is just another day. Kid is going for his first trip without me or the husband, and it would have been the perfect day for us to hang out. I wanted to catch a late night movie..

But well, I have the case of low-lying placenta again, and I really don’t want to do any roaming around. But it’s fine.

I am wearing new outfit shaped like a tent, airy and roomy.  Friends still remember me and wish me. Sis speaks to me to wish me after a major fight. Job’s going fine.

Next birthday, I will be on the wrong side of 30, but on the right side of life. I would have settled in to a life with two children, and hopefully manage it well and fine.

Thank God for the blessings and the opportunities.

PS: And this blog is 8 years old! :)

3 comments:

Jeevan said...

Belated Birthday wishes monu :) I’m also into the 8th year of blogging
I hope your next birthday would more happy and double delight :) My best wishes

lostworld_me said...

Belated happy birthday stranger! 30 is not old .. it's the new 20 :D .. Live it up!

Risha said...

Hey Monu ...Belated Bday wishes :) Happy for you and wish you more happiness always !!

Cheers,
Risharamanan