Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's day!!

I am having a great day today. I had a love marriage,so I have known my husband for quite some time. He always buys me roses for Valentine’s day. Last year, I went to his college where he is doing his part-time MBA and we went home together…wondering where he is going to find a rose for me, when we found one by the roadside, probably one of the last that the vendor was having..it was magical and my husband got it for me…..

This year was really nice. I didn’t know what to buy him. I am a believer in value for money ,so I didn’t want to waste buying some useless gift..it had to be useful for him. I thought long and decided to buy him a good brand perfume and did so.

I went home yesterday thinking I would give him at 12 midnight. I had set my mobile phone alarm for 12 and had gone to sleep. My husband told me he had to do some PPT and sat at the comp. He asked me to set the alarm for 5:15 AM so I could wake him. So I changed the alarm time and went off to sleep. Mean me,I knew he would wake up at 12 to wish me. He always wishes me at 12, be it my birthday or Valentine’s day. Mean of me to go to sleep like that...i slept well while he stayed awake till 12 so he could wish me with a beautiful surprise….

I always keep my mobile below my pillow so I can hear the alarm go off. I had done so yesterday night too..

Somewhere during my deep sleep, I heard a mobile ring and the ring tone was a tamil song….i was still sort of asleep, I woke up and answered the phone to hear my husband wish me on the other side “Happy Valentine’s day”

It was just then it struck me that he had gifted me a new mobile. I didn’t have an iota of an idea that he was buying me a mobile…my husband later told me that he knew I would be getting him perfume..guess what?? That’s what I got him last time too….

And he told me that he had stayed awake till 12 so he could change the sim card from my mobile to the new one. He set up a nice romantic song for ring tone and placed the new mobile under my pillow all this while I happily slept.

It was really nice..its not just the fact that he cares but the way he cares..it was really sweet..as an after-effect , I am still smiling..Someone asked me “why are you continuously smiling??” I had to come up with my own fictitious reasons….but I was smiling because of the lovely gift that my husband gave and more so, the way he gave it to me…

I love the way he cares for people..not just for me but everyone…it is really sweet.

Happy Valentine’s Day to my dear husband…

10 comments:

Fathima Sagar said...

Wow! That was so cute and sweet!

monu said...

thanks Fathi...mail me your phone number..i want to reach u reg ur trip here

Vinesh said...

I can't stop smiling.
So happy to read this :-)

monu said...

thanks Vinesh...hope you had a lovely day too...

Anonymous said...

lovely...!

monu said...

@flyingstars
thank you and welcome to my blog

Saadhana said...

hey gaya3 ,

Its nice to c u blogging... the blog was tooo good...I m happy 4 u people ......Convey wishes to Lakshmi Narasimhan also...

-Mathangi.

Saadhana said...

and All the best 4 u Lady!!!!

Jeevan said...

It was really sweet know this surprise monu! Glad your husband brought bunches of smiles for you on valentine. Be Happy and take care :)

monu said...

@mathangi
welcome to my blog. so much for my anonimity..
;)
keep reading and leaving your thopughts here
i heard you are doing real good. Have fun!!

@jeevan
thanks Jeevan. I hope you had a fun Valentine's day too!!!