So how do you handle the rain here..here are some tips from a person who has travelled in bus for as long as she can remember..and still does.....and manages flodded roads, rains and all....
- The colour for this season is anything dark..so all you people, put in all those light shades and take out the dark ones... Why dark colours you ask? Well, how else are you to survive the muddy waters splashing all over you? Typically go in for all shades of brown which will beautifully camouflage the splashed muddy water even after it dries up ...and black, is as stylish as ever.......
- You can make use of all those "sale"s that spring up in September to get yourself nice fancy umbrellas..not only do you make a fashion statement, you protect yourself from rain and do not have to waer those funny floral pattern rain-coats (if you are not driving, that is)!
- During rainy season, you have to be very careful while walking in the road. You should have worked on your reflexes , jumping skills and all .....they will come in handy !For instance, if you see a pool of dirty water logged up due to heavy rain and you see a vehicle approaching via the same way, you response should be quick if you want to avoid being bathed in a spring of dirty water! (much as mught be water scrcity here, i am sure you wouldnt want to be bathed in dirty water...and you clothes get spoiled too)
- You should be extra careful if you are walking in mud paths, having traces of what used to be a road, with some tar pekking here and there....this calls for immense precaution....if you have no choice but to wak through that way.....well, the you have to accept the fact that your feet are going to end up muddy if you want to remain standing at the end of that walk.....
- this one is serious, beware of all those uncovered manholes, which are camouflaged by stagnating water!
- Beware of the same water splashing heavy vehicles and drivers who seem to be in a hurry and will happily dirve fast, splashing water all over you.... Survival tip: Wear floral raincoats that covers every piece of clothing on you.....
- If you are wearing specs, and are driving, rain can be bad for you! Survival tip: Fit a wiper, like you have in buses and cars to increase your visibilty, or if the raod is empty enough, remove your specs and drive, you could never see through a very wet and watery specs anyway!
Best Survival tip:
- If you can take one day off and, thanks to pooja holidays, stay home for 5 or 6 days, the take that day off, take a book, a cup of steaming coffee/tea and sit back and watch the rain through your window....for it doesn't rain often in chennai!!!
PS: ALL just for fun!