Tommorow i start yet another year at work and my organisation.
It is not just another milestone..it is my first year as a financially productive person..(that just popped into my head :D )
So what has work taught me?
- There is so much more to learn here than from books or through degrees or exams. I learn to appreciate things i learnt here..simply by applying them and figuring out that this is where it should be applied
- Financial independance can be so good!
- To behave professionally, come out of the college mentality, that is.
- To prioritise, time management
- People Skills, working as a team
- I found a lot of friends here too
- Blogging since May
This was the first company in my college..i still remeber every word from my interview, the joy on hearing my name announced as selected( i always wondered if anyone would give me a job!!), four months leave waiting to join work and then september first 2004.
I can never forget the first day too..it was great fun..we had a great time with the soft skills training and a trip too (which was a part of the soft skills training), the technical training where i developed some technical skills ( didn't know what was PL/SQL before. ..here i have even done detailed design now..)
And the intial weekends after joining work where all the freshers would go for movies....
GEtting into a team, doing my first billable work, knowing that i am bringing some moolah to my organisation..
The first salary, giving it to parents, first lunch at residency with all the freshers!!
to celebrate one succesfull year in this organisation, we (our fresher batch) are all planning to have lunch together in our office cafeteria...
And last but not least, i may be promoted to Software engineer from being a trainee...not sure of that though..so fingers corssed!