- Do you carry only the exact amount required and never have extra reserves of cash?
- Do you forget to take your debit card or credit card with you?
- Do you hesitate to go out on month-ends due to paucity of funds?
- Do you look at the menu-card at restaurants and do a mental calculation relating the price for the cheapest food-item available to the money you have right now?
- Do you spend all the money you had on shopping and then you are exhausted and hungry and are left with little money for food?
- Are you a hard-core foodie wanting the most value for your moolah?
- and the most important, due you plan to visit madras in the recent future or do you like to know about spending in madras?
I discovered the power of Rs.10...And for the benefit of the entire mankind, i hereby share my knowledge with you....
Thnigs you can buy with Rs.10 when you are hungry and in madras
- you can buy Lime mint cooler at Fruit Shop on Greams Road, or any other fresh fruit shop
- even expensive restaurants come in this list..i once went to an expensive restaurant and noted the folowing items were charged less that Rs.10
Rasagulla (Rs.6....too bad..you can eat only one....but on the brighter side you get to keep the Rs.4 for you bus ticket!!!...)
Gulab jamun(Rs.5...double yummy...you can eat two and walk home.......)
Roasted paapad(Rs. 5.....hmm......not exactly my suggestion......)
- you can drown cool watermelon juice, idly,coffee,tea (each only...only a fool will sell all of that for RS.10)in the slightly less posh New Neela Bhavan,again on greams road, they give you free water too.......
- You can take in natural goodness with the tender coconut ..whats more you can quench your thirst and eat the tender insides of the cocunut!!
- Or during water-melon season , you can buy huge peices of watermelon from the road-side watermelon vendor, for , guess how much?....All that natural goodness..all water and less calories...for...Rs.2..which means that with Rs.10, you can get 5 pieces...now you can even give an economical and healthy treat..hehe.....
- If you are travelling by train , then you can visit the VLR(Vegetarian Light Refreshment) Stall that you can find in every staion from fort to tambaram..... and my oh my, the choices you have....
-bondas (the softest that i have ever tasted....and sambhar and chutney come free)
-parotta(hmmmm...delicious.....with kuruma.....free packing for all the food items)
-saadha dosai (really delicious with that great aroma.....and always sambhar!!!!!)
i cant comment ont the hygiene ..but i can vouch for its taste..and am alive to vouch for it
- the other options in railway sations is the ever reliable and summer-friendly cucumber....you can eat it just like that ..or add some chilly powder in the center (the seller would make a cut right through the center and put in the chilly powder+salt mixture....as per customer's wish...)customisation for you......all for Rs.1 per cucumber.......
- Ahh!!! sun is roasting you and you are in railway station........and miserably thirsty?? just rush to the nearest fresh fruit juice stall and choose from a variety of juices, the costliest being Rs.6 per glass....
- Softie Ice-creams!!!! If you havent tasted sofite ice-creams....then you havent really the enjoyed all the pleasures to the taste buds that madras can offer.....at Rs.5...it is a steal...you can choose from the saravana scoopie or the MTR softie..both of which are equally soft......and in pondy-bazaar , you can eat what the seller proclaims is Kwality Walls Ice-cream for Rs.10
Well...wasnt that informative...... i beleive that these are some of life's little pleasures............not just going to all those expensive places...it is fun to discover a city with Rs.10 in your pocket....it opens up a world of possibilities for you.....try it!!!