Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Me and my writing escapades- Part I

I had wriiten this a long time back..well, exactly one year back in a different blog....that died a slow death..now that i am a little held up at work, i thought of sharing this with you all....

I am postponing replying to comments for want of time....please forgive me for that..one fine day, i will do it....

so here goes...

Me and my writing escapades- Part I

long back when i was a baby ,a bug bit me....
THE WRITING BUG

i remember , when i was in fourth standard, the small 40 pages ruled notebook where i began my first novel...today when i think of it..i smile to myself.....i had just one notebook apart from the notebooks i used for each subject...the 40 pages one..
i had to cram my lines into that one...
becoz i didnt have another notebook.....
i wrote two lines where only one was supposed to be written....
not that people wouldnt buy me one....
but i couldnt get myself to say" mom and dad...i need a huge notebook to write my novel!!!"
and thank god for that!!!
they would have thought i have gone crazy and asked me to concentarte on my home work!!!
It had two old characters i remeber...an old man and a woman..inspired by my grandparents ofcourse.......but they had anglicised names...you see this was an english novel....

well!!!! but what would i know about the world at fourth standard.....i ran out of ideas.....
my grand parents werent much of an inspiration i suppose.....
:)

i still dont know what i did with that 40 pages notebook


years later..in my 8th standard ....somehow the feminist within me was awken and i began my next....ahem..NOVEL!!!!!!!
the protaganist was a girl.....it was a story of vengeance....
will continue this one later

No comments: